|Position Title:||Senior Program Coordinator, Frontier Development Lab|
|Reports to:||Director, Frontier Development Lab|
|Salary Range:||$75,000 – $95,000|
The SETI Institute is seeking an accomplished, experienced, and enthusiastic candidate to assist in the active coordination and deployment of its Frontier Development Lab (FDL). FDL is a public-private partnership between NASA, the Department of Energy, the SETI Institute, and tech industry leaders. This position reports to the Director, Frontier Development Lab. In collaboration with the Director, this position will be responsible for ensuring year-round successful programmatic outcomes.
The purpose of FDL is to apply AI/ML tools and techniques to push the frontiers of fundamental scientific research, to develop new solutions, and to help solve some of the biggest challenges faced by humanity. This is an excellent opportunity for a personable, diversely skilled candidate to utilize their knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a significant impact for this unique high-profile AI/ML research accelerator.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, and comfortable collaborating within the realms of AI/ML, and will work to support FDL research scientists, and other industry professionals, while assisting with initiatives geared towards growing existing enterprises and building new partnerships.
- Organize, coordinate, and lead the year-round efforts of FDL along with the FDL Director.
- Generate reports, keep minutes, generate agendas as required.
- Develop and maintain FDL databases as directed.
- Monitor research team performance to ensure achievement of research objectives.
- Monitor and report GCP use as directed.
- Support SETI Live events, social media, outreach, and communications as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams to ensure team actions and performance remain in synergy, addressing team needs, including the need for conflict resolution.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of the FDL Final Live Presentation, and timely collection of team deliverables (Technical Reports and Posters).
- Communicate frequently with the FDL Director, to ensure continuity of information.
- Take the lead in organizing and managing FDL’s Discord communication platform, to bolster activity, increase visibility, and grow the membership of the FDL Discord Community.
- Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of 2 years of science-based research program coordination experience.
- AI/Machine Learning, coding terminology and concepts highly preferred.
- Google Cloud Platform and Google Console familiarity preferred.
- Required Proficiencies: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Google docs, database management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to work well with teams and foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Diversity and Equity
- At SETI Institute, we believe that diversity is key to innovation and creativity. We are a proud Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- EO/AA/Disability/Veteran Employer
- Note: The Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas