|Position Title:||Communications and Development Manager|
|Job Status:||Full-Time, Exempt|
The SETI Institute is looking for a Communications & Development Manager to fill a pivotal role in our efforts impacting the SETI Institute’s fundraising goals. The C&D Manager will report to the Director of Communications and work closely with the communications and development teams and fundraising consulting partners. The C&D Manager will also collaborate to ensure efficient gift processing, acknowledgement, stewardship and support in-person and remote outreach and fundraising events. In addition, the C&D Manager will also have the responsibility for creating and executing strategies to grow our base of followers and convert them into donors through fundraising programs.
This is a full-time position. In person/hybrid is preferred; remote work will be considered. Travel to SETI Institute headquarters in Mountain View, CA will be periodically required.
Required attachments: please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and managing multimedia donor communications
- Developing relationships with giving groups and societies
- Tracking and analyzing fundraising and acquisition campaigns
We are looking for a candidate who is a skilled storyteller and data-driven fundraiser who can lead the creation of inspiring campaigns for acquisition and fundraising.
- Develop and execute strategies to convert the SETI Institute’s significant social media audience to constituents and donors.
- Identify and engage with additional audiences (i.e., grow our social media base)
- Track and analyze the efficacy of campaigns to optimize our efforts.
- Collaborate with the communications team and the wider SETI Institute to develop compelling. multimedia content to support acquisition campaigns.
- In coordination with the Director of Development and consultants, develop fundraising strategy and creative direction for all components of the broad-based giving program – online, direct mail, social media, crowdfunding, etc.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor cultivation, acknowledgement, retention, upgrade, and stewardship.
- Grow recurring donor program(s) and develop new stewardship and communication strategies.
- Analyze data, test strategies, versions.
- Create or guide the creation of multi-media assets for the above.
- Consult on and coordinate gift processing and acknowledgement.
3. Database Administration
- Be a proficient user and provide direction to staff on use of key software platforms (Salesforce NPSP, Pardot)
- Produce analytics and data reports to track campaign performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong storytelling and the ability to draft creative, mission-driven copy that motivates donors to give.
- Must be able to perform in a rapidly changing environment and adapt quickly to change tactics as necessary to improve revenue results.
- Must possess strong project management and exceptional interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Detail oriented and able to complete complex projects with accuracy and efficiency, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent software skills with proficiency in Salesforce NPSP or similar CRM for non-profits platform(s), Pardot or similar marketing automation tool.
- Experience with marketing automation tools a plus.
- Knowledge of current nonprofit fundraising best practices is highly desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships across the board is critical in this role.
- Availability for occasional evenings and weekends to support in-person and remote events.
- Ability to create email and send email content using design templates.
- Familiarity with social media channels and the ability to create relevant.
- Ability to create basic video content, with editing support from the communications team.
- Experience developing and executing social media advertising campaigns.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Sort, file paperwork, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh up to 25 lbs.
- Stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
For consideration, please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Salary range for this position: $75-$93K.
Diversity and Equity:
SETI Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The SETI Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
The SETI Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas.