SETI Institute is hiring - Contract Specialist
The Contract Specialist is responsible for all aspects of contract management including completing sub-recipient monitoring documentation, developing statements of work and budgets, negotiations and closeouts of the revenue contracts. This position is also responsible for the management of all expense contracts including conducting sub-recipient monitoring, documentation review of outside proposals, and developing, negotiating, monitoring and closeout of the expense sub-contracts. The position reports to Manager of Grants Administration.
- Review requests from PIs & Managers for contract related issues and develop a plan to prepare necessary subcontracts, consulting and purchase agreements, task orders and subcontract modifications.
- Approve the preliminary contracts, including rates, milestones and deliverables.
- Prepare and negotiate Subcontracts, Purchase Agreements, Independent Consultant Agreements, Contract and Task Order modifications.
- Collaborate with the requesting party to ensure smooth implementation of contracts; organize logistical flow of contract implementation by the SETI Institute Organize and conduct periodic contract performance and administrative compliance reviews.
- Oversee the contract process from inception and implementation to closeout activities including preparation of technology summaries, patentability, and property inventory.
- Maintain current contract templates and ensure that references are up-to-date.
- Advise and mentor PIs and Managers on contract administration.
- Monitor contract opportunities and regulatory changes as they pertain to contract administration. Assist with procurement of SETI Institute assets and conduct annual property and fixed assets audit.
- Assist with preparing invoices for subcontract activity. Maintain various databases related to contracts administration.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in U.S. Government contracts and grants management and cost proposal management.
- Experience with and knowledge of NASA, NSF (or similar government agencies) as well as private grant-making initiatives, policies, procedures, grants management processes, and regulations.
- Specific training in U.S. Government regulations (FAR), budgeting, and/or budget management Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and advanced spreadsheet and database skills are required.
- Experience with File Maker Pro and/or Abila MIP Funding Accounting highly desired Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with attention to detail.
- Frequent to continuous sitting
- Frequent to continuous use of computer monitor, mouse and keyboard
- Frequent use of standard office equipment
- Occasional bending, reaching, kneeling
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9062821