REU Application Instructions
2013 Applications are now closed. Students will be notified of their status in March.
1. Online Application Form
- Name, Contact Information (address, phone/fax/email)
- Overall GPA
- Transcripts (unofficial OK)
- Research Area Preferences
- Previous Research Experience, Honors and Awards
- Computer languages and software packages
- Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, and email addresses of two (2) faculty members who have been asked to send letters of recommendation.
- A one (1) page personal statement about why you are interested in participating in the SETI Institute's REU Program, and why you think you would be a good candidate for this program (prepare this in a text file ahead of time, and then "cut and paste" into the form on your browser).
- University transcript (unofficial ok): upload with your online application
2. Supporting Documents - two recommendation letters ( please use the links below to submit online )
- Two recommendation letters from faculty, teaching assistants, or other staff members who can comment on your academic abilities, research abilities, and work ethic. Please ask your references to submit online by February 1st.
YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, YOUR TRANSCRIPT, AND YOUR TWO RECOMMENDATION LETTERS!
Please contact Cynthia Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-810-0230, with any problems or questions
about the application process.