Big Picture Science Radio Show: We Heart Robots
The machines are coming! Meet the prototypes of your future robot buddies and discover how you may come to love a hunk of hardware. From telerobots that are your mechanical avatars … to automated systems for the disabled … and artifical hands that can diffuse bombs.
Plus, the ethics of advanced robotics: should life-or-death decisions be automated?
And, a biologist uses robo-fish to understand evolution.
- Illah Nourbakhsh – Professor of robotics, Carnegie Mellon University, author of Robot Futures. Check out his Robot Future’s blog.
- Marco Mascorro – Vice President of Hardware, 9th Sense Robotics, Mountain View, California
- Curt Salisbury – Mechanical engineer, senior member, technical staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Joe Karnicky – Retired engineer, Menlo Park, California
- John Long – Professor of biology and cognitive science at Vassar College and the author of Darwin’s Devices: What Evolving Robots Can Teach Us About the History of Life and the Future of Technology